NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
(1) ELIGIBILITY. Detroit Out Loud Giveaway Enter to Win (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to: legal residents of the Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne Counties, State of Michigan who are at least 18 years old at time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, officers, and agents of Promotional Parties (as defined below) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies involved with the Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household of each such employee (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirement set forth herein.
(2) SPONSOR. Quicken Loans Community Fund, 1050 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, Michigan 48226 (the “Sponsor”).
(3) SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD. The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” begins at 9:00AM EST on July 15, 2020 and ends at 11:59PM on July 29, 2020. All entries must be received before the Sweepstakes Entry period end time/date to be valid. Entries received prior to, or after the Sweepstakes Entry period in violation of these Official Rules will be void.
(4) HOW TO ENTER. Participants may enter the Sweepstakes by completing a free registration form to attend the Detroit Out Loud event at: https://detroitoutloud2020.eventbrite.com. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete entries. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and his or her Sweepstakes entry) who tampers with the entry process. Those who do not follow all of the instructions or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified.
Limit: One (1) entry per household for the Sweepstakes Period.
Three Hundred and Thirteen (313) Winners will each receive one (1) “Go Time” gift basket with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $$25.00
Total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes awarded: $7,825
The names of companies, products, and logos have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any company, or the inclusion of a product or service as a prize, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such company or the manufacturer or distributor of such product and, except as otherwise indicated no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred. As between Sponsor and the Winner, the prize may not be exchanged by for cash or any other merchandise or services.
(6) WINNER NOTIFICATION/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. On or around July 30, 2020, Sponsor will randomly pick three hundred and thirteen (313) prize winners from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
On or around July 31, 2020 potential winners will be notified via the social media platform used to enter into the Sweepstakes. Potential winners are subject to verification. Potential winners will have two (2) business days to respond to Sponsor to verify acceptance of a prize, or the prize may be forfeited, and an alternative winner may be randomly selected by Sponsor in their sole discretion. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if attempted notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if a winner cannot be verified, or if a winner is otherwise unable or unwilling to accept and claim the prize as stated, (potential winners may not designate someone else as the winner), then winner may be disqualified and the prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate entrant who will also be selected randomly. Winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release within four (4) business days of attempted notification or their prize may be forfeited. Prizes won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return all required documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or phone number of entrants.
(7) LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor and resulting from the user’s participation or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors in these Official Rules, the Sweepstakes materials, or the announcement of Winner. As a condition of entering, entrants(or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor)and any guests agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor(together with Sponsor’s affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors and, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, collectively, “Promotional Parties”) and Eventbrite, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
(8) PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, winner grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation.
(9) GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, incorrect, or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, bugs, virus, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions, the website, or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the website, or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERMS OF THESE OFFICLAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION.
(10) BINDING ARBITRATION. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Michigan law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND (2) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE AND IN SECTION 7(B)-(D), SO SUCH LANGUAGE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
(11) GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION. This Sweepstakes and its Official Rules are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 10 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgement on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Michigan, in the County of Wayne.
(13) Winner’s List: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Quicken Loans Community Fund, 1050 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48226 Attn: Detroit Out Loud Giveaway. Requests must be received by August 23, 2020.
(14) Statement of Release. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Instagram page and not to Instagram.
Copyright © 2019 Quicken Loans ® and other trademarks and/or logos used herein are trademarks/logos of Quicken Loans, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.